Convertible car seats?

I have an almost 8 month old that I've recently started putting in an Evenflo Titan. I'm happy with the seat and saftey ratings except for one thing...his head leans forward when he falls asleep. Would purchasing a car seat with a reclining feature helps this? I'm trying to avoid buying a new car seat (this was a gift from my shower and I have NO CLUE where the receipt is) however with my son's safety and comfort, I will purchase a new one if I need to of course. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Sarahbeth7

Asked by Sarahbeth7 at 5:33 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, he needs to be reclined. I am assuming that he is still rear-facing?? You can get a pool noodle, or roll up a couple of towels, and put under the front of the seat before installing it. The seats normally have a level indicator on the side of the seat somewhere to tell you if it is installed at the proper recline.
    MommaRoxanne

Answer by MommaRoxanne at 8:43 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I'm pretty sure that when you still have a baby who is rear-facing, they're supposed to be reclined.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 6:07 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• You can install the seat RF on a 30 to 45 degree angle. Mess with it until you find what works. Finding a CPST might be helpful too.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Thanks so much. We fiddled with it and rolled up some towels and got it where it needs to be. We almost bought another one when we realized that it was a seat issue...stupid Pathfinder. But all is well now. Thanks so much for the input!
    Sarahbeth7

Comment by Sarahbeth7 (original poster) at 8:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2011