do u wear a corset, and has it shaped your waist smaller?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I actually tried one when I was younger and into vintage clothing--way before having a kid and a C section, LOL! I didn't wear it all the time so it made no difference in my waist size, but it really helped with my back pain. I almost think I would go back to wearing one, but it's hard to fit modern clothes over one without it showing in some way.
    sariejack

Answer by sariejack at 9:12 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I just watched a show, Taboo. Each person has their own personal wants and needs for their own style. They had mentioned on how it does move around internal organs. They showed a rib cage of a woman who had passed on and then comprised where the organs would have been. A man also wore one. 4 inches smaller to start and tighen until completly closed and then from there go to 2 inches smaller. Please, ask a doctor on the advice on weariing one. The woman waist was the size of a CD.
    Pffft

Answer by Pffft at 2:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I saw a show about this too. It does look like it would help with posture and back problems.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I wear corsets with dresses and things wear I dont want my rolls to show, but other than that I just try to wear clothes that fit my body. Nothing can make you look worse than clothes that dont fit right.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 3:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I bought a corset shirt from the mall and it does make your waist look smaller. I don't know about the corset under garments though.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 4:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• they are terribly fun to wear during a sexual encounter..and everyday, if you like having everything held in, shoved up, and smoothed out. just stay away from the textured materials, if you're wearing anything on top that is clingy.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Steer Clear of any longterm use of a corsett.It is true that you may see a smaller waist,however,constricting the internal organs for a long period of time can cause serious damage.Its ok to use this type of accessory for a limited time,however, you would be wise to consider clothing that can alter the waist size in lieu of a corsett.Happy shopping!
    mam1224

Answer by mam1224 at 12:57 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I love the corsets in lingerae, but not for every day... If I'm wearing something very form fitting I will wear a shaper underneath (spandex / pantyhose material bodysuit type thingie)... one that goes from the thighs to under the boobs... it helps smooth everything out, and they are made to cinch in your waist like a corset. Best $20 I ever spent.
    MercyBoo

Answer by MercyBoo at 1:46 AM on Nov. 15, 2008