When your kids get on your nerves and act naughty and then barely get a "sorry" over their lips ...

Don't you want to say "I don't want your 'sorries' , because this word means NOTHING to you. And you'll just do the same thing next time and not listen to me." AAAAhhhhhhrrrrrrnnngngg!
I know, I do.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 8:54 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yep! I hear ya.... mine are like 'sorry mom, (whatever)...can I have some cereal?
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I know how you feel, but be careful about not accepting the "sorries". My husband took that route with my older kids (he'd say "don't bother saying you're sorry unless you mean it") and now they won't say they're sorry to him - even when they are because they feel he won't believe them. Sometimes just getting the words out has to be enough - think of it as practicing to be real adults...
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 10:54 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Oh yea! lol I usually get the "sorries" when they want some juice or a sugary snack lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:57 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• When I get a half-hearted "I'm sorry", I say: "Are you really- b/c that wasnt very convincing." But most of the "sorry's " I get come w/ a hug, so I'll take them! :) I'm also a "show me" type of person. I tell them if they really mean it, then show me by not repeating their bad behavior again! (Otherwise it's just lip service) Hang in there mama- you have the rest of your life to go! LOL :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• awwwwwwww i cant even get a sorry :(
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 2, 2011