How can one "fall" in love?

Considering that we all operate off vibratory frequencies, and love being the HIGHEST, how can we really say, "I Fell in love"?

Ever thought about that?

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 8:58 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• http://health.howstuffworks.com/relationships/love/why-do-we-fall-in-love.htm

Answer by older at 9:46 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Hey thanx for the link, but Im more curious about the how, not the why. Something to think about...
    sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 10:07 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I honestly think your thinking to much into it. You can't depict and tear apart why we "fall" in love because love just happens. There's no right or wrong reason to falling in love. I fell in love with my husband due to the fact that we click and I love him with all my heart. He gets me and I get him.
    babymama512

Answer by babymama512 at 10:18 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• @babymama512...There is no such thing as thinking too much. I didnt ask "why", I asked "how".
    sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 10:36 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I don't think love is a feeling, it's a choice.

Answer by missanc at 11:33 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I don't think love is a feeling, it's a choice. [missanc]

WHAT?!?

You are REALLY going to have to EXPLAIN that! 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• SpiritedWitch.... depends on which love were are talking about Agape Love is not a feeling Eros love is.

Sugahmomma... there are three kinds of loves... agape, eros and philos Agape love is love without condition ( God's love), Eros is sensual love and philos is friendship love ( that is putting it in simplest terms)

How does one fall in love... the wooing of hearts , the drawing closer to the person, its a feeling you feel that changes you within toward that person. I think the better term would be how are we drawn to love in the man/woman sense. We do not fall into but are drawn towards.
    I do not know if that helps answer the how... its a mystery for sure :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Love is not a choice. It just happens. Love walks up and slaps you in the face when you aren't expecting it. This is the same even when it comes to loving God. You can say (lip service) it all you want but it doesn't make it true or real. Real and true love is just suddenly there. 

As for the "fall" in love thing ... just an old saying meaning that you were not expecting love and WHAM there it is! It's not like you PLAN to fall down the stairs or trip over that shag carpet ... I hope that helps. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 4:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• No - love IS a choice. Lust isn't and you can see someone and instantly lust after them. Love stems from spending time with someone, getting to know them, and it's a choice. I choose everyday to love my husband. I could choose to disrespect him, to speak to him harshly, etc. but I don't. I love him, even when he's grumpy, even when he's tired, even when he makes choices I may not like. I choose to love him.
    Love isn't a feeling. Most people that have been married 15, 20 years or more will tell you that. That "fuzzy" feeling fades, and what remains is a choice to continue to love, or to leave.

Answer by missanc at 10:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2011