Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can I get my husband out of my house??

My husband filed for divorce and full custody of our kids then tried to have me arrested for domestic violence when all i did was push him away from my purse (barely) he is the abuser here, not me but i never filed any police reports. I was not arrested, but was told to leave my house for my own safety and charges will be filed against me. Now, I just want to go home and be with my kids. How can I do this? how can I keep him from getting custody? can he really get away with this?

Answer Question

Asked by lisamarie777 at 1:21 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Get a lawyer. ASAP. Don't use excuses such as you don't have the money or anything like that. Just do it. Get those kids back and get him out of the house.

    Answer by crdc91506 at 1:23 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

  • Thank you for caring enought to respond. I do have a lawyer and he doesn't know about this yet, it just happened tonight. I just don't know how to get him out.

    Answer by lisamarie777 at 1:32 AM on Nov. 11, 2008


    You may not be able to get him out of the house, since you never reported any of the abuse.'s just a house. Not that important in the grand scheme of things. Concentrate on the kids instead.

    Answer by gdiamante at 1:42 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

  • Not sure how it works in all states but here if a call is made, someone is going to jail. I'm with the others, get to that lawyer as quick as you can and get something started. It's sad that he wanted out so bad that he'd go to that level of nastiness. Here, when you decide to get a divorce it pretty much falls to who gets to the lawyer first to file for temporary custody and they have them till the court date (which can be postponed repeatedly) so hurry, waste no time. And next time remember what we try to teach our kids, pushing hitting etc is wrong... they're little sponges who learn so much from us and most of us are guilty of it but just don't realize it so I'm not bashing, just use this as an example of why we don't hit or push people.

    Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:38 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

  • truely sad to say it all comes down to money whever has the most can get the better lawyer , it is not about the truth in or courts no more that counts it is the tricks that the lawyers play , so if he has more money and a better lawyer search the net and see if there is any groups in your area that helps fight for mother rights also start this very moment proving your the better parent , start going to a church if you dont already , get a job if you dont have one , get involed with the pta these things help so you can so the judge a stable and loving enviroment , and before someone puts me down about church , i am not saying you have to go but it does help and alot of churchs can help you out as well this just my opion so dont judge jsut state your own

    Answer by almts915 at 9:18 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.