What do you do when your kids aren't there?

My children are at their grandparents for a few hours to give me a wincy break so I thought wahoo I'm going to go wild. So far I've... sat here, been on cafemom and sat here some more. I keep thinking... Oh no I need to move, but I don't. It's so odd... However I just realised I've forgotten lunch so I rang my friend and now I can sit here with a good old KFC (once it gets here) without the kids nagging me for some or telling me that their friends have fast food sooo much more than they do.

What about you?

I have a feeling I'm incredibly boring! I'm just enjoying being able to hear the TV!

leah_rai

Asked by leah_rai at 9:29 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• NOTHING! ... and it's fabulous! ;0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:30 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• when i am home alone i clean my house it seems like it takes so much less time, or watch a movie that u have been wanting to see
    logansmom6106

Answer by logansmom6106 at 9:31 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Nothing-I make plans to clean or organize but usually end up on computer or reading
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 9:31 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• When my parents take my daughter for the week or weekend, I tend to watch TV shows I missed, but basically I clean the house. I know sounds boring, but it's the best time that I can do it and not have any distractions from my 7 year old.
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 9:32 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Usually I have atleast one. While my daughter is at pre school for 3 hours on MWF I still have my son, but he will nap for about an hour out of that time. I talk DH into taking them on outings just the 3 of them sometimes and I sleep or just sit watching TV. It is awesome! lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:32 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Being boring can be fun. Just having the quiet is a relief.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:44 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Exercise, read or clean usually. If my husband is home, sex.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 9:46 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My daughter spends the night at grandmas every Friday night and I do absolutely NOTHING when she is there. I sit here either on the computer, watch movies I might not get to, sleep, make junk food, sleep more lol. I dont feel bad about it. I am always going 100 mph during the week.

Answer by gemgem at 9:47 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Sometimes just being boring is what you need relax be on Cafe moms without interruptions. If I thought I would go wild on the cleaning and getting rid of stuff but usually we go out and eat and then to a movie

Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:47 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• The first time I didnt have my daughter I cried all night.. LOL. It was the first night since she was born that I was away from her (3yrs old) she didnt even want to come home because she has so much fun with grandma!!. The second time I was alone I went to the mall and just relaxed.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 10:00 AM on Jan. 2, 2011