Anyone ever have their young child's birthday at Burger King (or similar)?

I am clueless on ideas.. There is NOTHING within an hour from us that is a fun place for birthdays, it's FREEZING outside, and we don't know a whole lot of people here since we are new to the area. She does go to dance class and pre school so I can always just send out invites to the kids in her class. She will be turning 4. The only thing I came up with was to have it at BK and let the kids play on the play ground and enjoy some kids meals. I am kind of worried than no one will show up and she won't have anyone to really play with. We could always drive an hour and take her to Chuck E Cheese or something, but I know no one would probably show up to that, although I think it would be the most fun for her. What would you all do in this situation? Arrange it at BK and HOPE that someone will show up..or just make the drive to Chuck E knowing that no one else will come?

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 9:37 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would rather do it at home. Cheaper and then you don't waste anything. And you'd be able to get to know the other moms a bit, so you could arrange for future playdates.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:41 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I see nothing wrong with doing at BK. I think at 4 the kids will have a blast!
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 10:02 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I have been to parties where they have been at a Mcdonalds, the kids have a blast.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 9:42 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• If you think she might be disappointed I would just have it at my house or being that she's only 4 maybe forgo a celebration with friends this yr and take her to do something fun with just yur family. It seems birthdays are becoming a thing of the past also.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:45 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• When my oldest dd was 4 we lived in a small town and didn't have anywhere but BK to go for birthday parties and the kids had a blast! At that age they just want to run and play with their friends. You are more likely to get more kids to show up because it is a neutral location that the parents will feel more comfortable hanging out rather than sitting in someone's house. And the upside is no mess in your house.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:10 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My girls have been invited to a couple McDonald's parties when they were younger and had tons of fun but at the age of four I would probably do cake, ice cream and presents at my house and take her to Chuck E. Cheese to play and have pizza if you think that's what she would like to do best. I wouldn't worry about friends coming until 5 or so:) I'm sure she'll love whatever you plan. Hope she has fun!!

Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 10:55 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I would have it at my house before i had in at a burgerking, in my opinoin
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 9:39 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Maybe ask the people in the area at dance where they suggest? We do my daughters bdays indoors too because it is in Feb and always cold around here. We usually do a roller rink party. It doesnt cost much and gives the kids something to do.

Answer by gemgem at 9:45 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I would do it at my house, but knowing our luck everyone would show and we would be so super crowded in here! It's not a tiny house, but definitely not big enough to have her and friends running around all over and try to have a discussion with parents at the same time. The past 3 years we have done a party in our home, but that was when we were living back home in TX around all of our family and friends and we knew who to expect to show.
    Ctink8189

Comment by Ctink8189 (original poster) at 9:51 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I will go with some of the other answers... I would rather to do it at home .
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 9:58 AM on Jan. 2, 2011