Does Islam scare anyone else?

It scares the crap out of me! Does anyone think it's coming to America?
http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/muslimprotest.asp

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• It scares me.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 1:34 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Islam is a peaceful religion. I only get worried about the radical islamic zealots.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:23 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• What about the crazy Christians??? Westboro Baptist Church ring a bell??? How about the horrible things that "Christians" have done throughout history?? I am not scared of any religion...true there are a few radicals in every religion (except for maybe Buddism)...but that is no reason to be scared of an entire religion.
    LexsMami

Answer by LexsMami at 1:34 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Islam is ALREADY in the United States. Has been for many many many many years; indeed longer than some other faiths. Mormonism comes to mind. Have you not been paying attention? Islam is one of the fastest growing faiths in the world.

And it is no scarier as a religion than any other.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:38 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Expanding upon my answer....KKK members are typically Christian. Do they represent you and your beliefs?

Don't tar everyone with the same brush.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:39 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Slay, behead, butcher and exterminate those who insult islam. They're protesting in Europe, saying that Europes 9/11 is on the way.
    Yeah, that's scary and I hope that we Americans aren't sooooo politicaly correct to allow people to threaten people so blatently in the streets.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• gdiamante you are on a roll tonight...You are AWESOME
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:44 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• well kkk may think they are christians but they are mistaken....REAL christians dont hate and spread violence like they do
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:18 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Slay, behead, butcher and exterminate those who insult islam

You are speaking of a very small portion of Muslims who are radical extremists. It hardly needs repeating that Christians have and have always had their fair share of violent extremists. Um, The Crusades?

This has nothing to do with being politically correct. Get to know a Muslim. Just one! I guarantee that you'll be hard pressed to find the one psycho terrorist out of a million here in the U.S.

CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 2:29 AM on Nov. 11, 2008