Do you think belly dancing works to lose weight?

FRANCINE818

Asked by FRANCINE818 at 1:23 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• It can, however, it works and builds muscle that most other forms of exercise won't so you may end up with a body shape you are uncomfortable with. The oblique area gets built, so it looks kinda like you have love handles even though it is primarily muscle.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:00 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• On its own NO...my sister took that up and it seems shes put on pounds instead of losing asything LOL.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 12:01 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• By itself alone no, but it is a very good cardio and core workout. It would be a great workout for a couple of times a week max rather than several time a week. I would only use it as a change-up routine to give you something different, fun, and exciting. Good-luck!
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 3:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• i just started it and like my teacher says builds muscles but i agree u really need a cardio to with it to loose the weight im starting to trim down and i practice 5 days a week and jog 3 times a week.
    its fun and hard work. not as easy as i thought lol but my husband loves it!
    happy holidays!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 8:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I do it about 1-2 days per wk. I have a video that teaches basic moves and fat burning moves for belly dancing. I'm also watching what I eat and walking for at least 30 minutes a few days a wk. I haven't weighed myself lately but it makes me feel really good and have lots of energy!
    purecity

Answer by purecity at 11:07 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• For one thing. Muscle weighs more than fat and belly dancing works out your abdomen and oblique muscles. Weight is something you should NOT look at when toning and building some muscle. Waist measurments are more acurate. Especially with belly dancing. Cardio (Dance, Belly Dancing etc...Anything upbeat is Cardio) is the number one best way to shed pounds and belly dancing can achieve flatter, firmer abs and build muscle. It can also be fun too. Yes it does help. Your not going to see tremendous results all at once but surely after a month of belly dancing every day you will definintly see a difference. Buy a video that has upbeat belly dancing.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 3:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• yes with diet too ladies
    elle2hot4u

Answer by elle2hot4u at 11:34 AM on Nov. 13, 2008