should i take a 14 year old great nephew out of the fostercare systme since i do have his two year old brother whom he never met?

in addition, i do have a twelve year old daughter with no issues and she is an a-b student. the boy needs a place to live as his uncle no longer wants him. he beat the child and the child ended up in fostercare. my daughter has no problems letting the boy come live with us

auntied222

Asked by auntied222 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• If you are prepared to take him...then why not?
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:05 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• the fostercare system is slow and they become the obstacle instead of the one who helps. i may have to hire an atty and this becaomes costly. i may need to write to a senator which has not helped in the past
    auntied222

Comment by auntied222 (original poster) at 10:10 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

•    IF Y EEL YOUR PREPARED THEN GO AHEAD BUT JUSTDONT TRY TO HANDLEMORE THAN YOU CAN. GOOD LUCK 'CAUS IF IT WAS ME I WOULD.

19angie74

Answer by 19angie74 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I would personally have a go, I really hate the foster care system. I know someone who is trying to get their grand-daughter out of it and having little luck. I don't trust the foster care system at all.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 10:15 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I would.

Answer by gemgem at 10:17 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I would too but you def need to consult a lawyer if his uncle lives nearby. You need to be prepared for anything he might do knowing that you have his son. If you are ready and willing then do it but keep your guard up for any obstacles you may face. GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:25 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I meant nephew not his son
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:26 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• If everyone involved is okay with the boy moving in, then yes. I believe he should be with family, in a safe and happy evironment.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:27 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I would and being a family member, especially on e who already has a child placed with you, you are not going to have near as many hoops to jump through...well, not in my state... Be prepared for the fact that more than likely he will not be grateful or walk into your home with loving arms. He will need time to adjust and he will need counseling and lots and lots of patients. He will thank you one day but it won't be on day one. You are a good person for wanting to take care of these kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• How long has he been in the foster care system? I would think that social services gives family a chance to step in first before placing a child into foster care. It would be wonderful that he would be kept with family. I am sure this would mean the world to him. I wish you luck.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 2, 2011