what is the best most effective way to discipline a two year old

what is the best way to disciplaine a twelve and 14 year old?

auntied222

Asked by auntied222 at 10:06 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• look into his eyes when u order him to do or not to do something
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 10:12 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• 2 yr old, time out. 12 an 14 yr olds, grounded from friends or anything that they really enjoy... TV, video games, phone, etc...
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:12 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• At 2, time out. 12 & 14 grounding. When you ground though be serious. I go into their rooms and take out laptops, TV's, cell phones and anything that can be enjoyed. I see alot of parents send kids to their rooms and they have more stuff to do in there and dont really care. I strip my kids rooms down depending on the offense, and make them earn back their things.

Answer by gemgem at 10:22 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• At 2 I'd spend more time teaching and less time worrying about discipline. The point of discipline is to remind them of what they were taught in the first place. They haven't had a whole lot of time to learn it so keep teaching them until they get it right then you can work on discipline. I'd simply correct the child. As for the older ones, it depends on what they did. I'd talk with them first to see if they understood what they did that I considered wrong. I'd also ask THEM what they think I should do to discipline them. You would be surprised at how hard kids can be on themselves. Always be fair in the consequences. No hitting. Don't do anything in anger. If you are angry then send them to their room until you can calm down and talk to them without the vein on your neck pulsating! (been there) Each child is different so work through some consequences until you find the one that is effective.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:32 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Distraction for the 2 year old. For 12 and 14...taking away privlages and grounding.
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 1:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• everyone here obviously has the same idea when it comes to your kids lol.....time outs for the 2 yr.old and grounding for the others.....not just grounding though.....use the grounding as a warning of sorts!! if they do it again then you ground them and take something important away from them,if they do it for a 3rd time you ground them from everything/everyone except school-homework-chores..........make them do all the chores!! wash dishes,dry dishes,put dishes away,wash clothes,dry clothes,put clothes into correct rooms,vaccume the entire house,mop,clean toilet,mirrors,whatever else...........it may seem harsh to some people,it may even piss the kids off but you are the boss not them!! make sure they know who is the boss!! they have a choice ya know? either they listen to you or they have to face the punnishments of not listening!! it worked on me and my brothers when we were younger!! just remember to be stern about it!!
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Be consistent!
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 10:06 PM on Jan. 2, 2011