What am I supposed to do???

I got back to WA a few months ago after being in cali since March. I found out I was preg while in cali. I just got back in touch with my friend Bobby and now he's mad that I'm pregnant. Not because I didn't tell him right away. Because I'm PREGNANT! What did I do? He won't even talk to me now.... I feel so bad... I thought he'd be happy for me.

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 1:53 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• Might sound lame, but maybe he's afraid that the friendship will be lost with you going to be a Mom. Babies tend to make it hard to do the same things you used to do. Everything is scheduled or thrown in around the baby's eating/sleeping schedule (if you're lucky enough to have one). He might still be in shock or something.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:42 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Give him some time to cool down. If he comes around, then he really is a friend. If he doesn't, he's a person you used to know...and someone you didn't know as well as you thought you did.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Why would he be mad at me though?
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:25 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• hes probably in love with you
    vivalaham

Answer by vivalaham at 3:12 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• ?? WHAT? I don't think so.... do you think? I never thought of that.....
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:39 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• mayb he had feelns for u...it doesnt matter how he feels...this is ur life and u have to live it not him..if he doesnt agree thats too bad
    thelook151

Answer by thelook151 at 3:45 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Has he given you any reason to be mad? I would think he would be happy for you too. Maybe he just needs some time. Or he could have feelings for you. I would give him a week and then try talking to him again.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 5:52 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Only he knows the answer to that question. One possibility is that he had hoped to have something more than friendship with you. Maybe he had even thought about marriage. I don't know him, but I do know that there are still some guys who think that you get married and then you have babies. Maybe he had something like that in mind with you. If he will talk to you, ask him.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:34 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• its his loss you are happy with your husband thats all that matters

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• oh lord...mad at you for having a baby with your husband! I agree that he might have wanted to be with you and sees this as you becoming really unavailable.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 11, 2008