Do you believe in Djinns?

Djinn:

any of a class of spirits, lower than the angels, capable of appearing in human and animal forms and influencing humankind for either good or evil.

Its my first time hearing of them. Anyone have any experiences/stories?

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 10:57 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Jinns are a large part of the Islamic religion. They worship as humans do and they can be good or evil as it said. We live in an area with a high number of immigrants and often when something happens (i.e. a door shutting on its own etc) they'll say there must be a Jinn and recite an Arabic phrase which is meant to dispel evil Jinn.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 11:03 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• As with a god, they need to be defined for me. I have never seen anything resembling or claiming to be a djinn. I know they are in the islamic religion as traveling spirits, both bad and good ones, with extra-ordinary powers. The word genie comes from their name.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:42 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• No, though I don't believe in demons or angels either.

First poster is right, though, the only time I've come across the term is in an Islamic context. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• No. I have not had any experiences with them.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I have no experience with them personally, but being Muslim we are taught that they exist...Is it true....I dunno...
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 6:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2011