What do you think of the name Chevy for a girl?

My DH wants to name our daughter Chevy Elizabeth because we said when we were teens if we ever had a daughter we would name her that. I still kinda think its cute. What do you all think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Baby Names

• It's not my cup of tea.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:11 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• u can find mych better .. but i respect ur choice
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 11:13 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• If u r going to name a kid after a car,it should be a boy!!! Besides do u want her getting teased? like: Hey Chevy,can I ride on u? Kids can be cruel!!! Think about the name,She will have it her whole life!!! I hope u both reconsider it and change your minds.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:13 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• No
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I don't care for it all. Elizabeth is a beautiful, classic name, but Chevy just sounds ugly IMO.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 11:17 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I don't like it at all.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:19 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• you say a lot of things when you are young and immature. When you grow up you CAN change your minds.
    do not like it.....
    and I agree about the guys teasing her about going for a ride
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Did you know you can actually make some money that way? You can contact Chevrolet and tell them you are willing to name your child that name, see if they will sponsor her... I am serious... It's happening! Why not take advantage of it!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:23 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• No, sorry to disappoint, but please no!.....You wouldn't want your daughter being made fun of at school as she grows up would you?Chevy sounds more of a boy's name.... and its sounds better on a car. There a way too many cuter and better names out there for little girls! But this is only my personal opinion.
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 11:31 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Honestly? It sounds like a name that a porn star would give herself. If you want a similar sounding name, go with Chevonne. It's an alternate spelling to the Irish name "Siobhan", and it would sound nice with Elizabeth.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 11:49 AM on Jan. 2, 2011