Perhaps this is a sign we should stop having sex? lol

I am 28 weeks pregnant with twins, and I still enjoy sex (to an extent) while we are having it. BUT, afterwards is the most unpleasant and painful thing EVER. It feels as if there's about 20lbs of pressure right there in my vagina. I can't walk very well, it hurts to move, pee, roll over, ect. It feels so awkward and last night I "felt" down there afterwards and there was this HUGE bulge..like my lips were swollen up like two small balloons. Never experienced this before in my 2 previous pregnancies. I'm going to mention it to my doc at my appt tomorrow and see what he has to say, but just wanted to hear from some other ladies to see if anyone has experienced this before?

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Pretty normal according to my personal experience, I would have that plus I'd have an insane amount of braxton-hicks after too - that made it worse! Mention it to your doc, and tell your Dh to take it easy on you, lol!
    Anonymous

• I would swell up there with all my pregnancies. It is due to the extra blood flow.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:19 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Yes, The same exact thing has happened to me. I just lay down and rest for a while, put an icepack to relieve the swelling and after an hour or so it goes away. I can't tell you if its normal or not? but at least now I know, I'm not the only one that goes through it!....lol I'm asking my doctor if it is or not on my next appointment.
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 11:22 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• It does not sound normal to me.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:14 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• the pain comes from the orgasms (if your still having them). if it is really that bad maybe you should limit the amount of sex you all have in a weeks time. remember clitoral orgasm are more intense than intercourse orgasms so they would cause the most contracting of the uterus.. As far as the swelling its from extra blood flow and trauma (for the lack of a better word, lol) to the area. Maybe DH can take it easy. Because you are carrying twins its still a good idea to mention it to you dr, they may want to put you on pelvis rest for a few weeks.
    lsa0919

Answer by lsa0919 at 12:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Yeah Im 30weeks and VERY sore down there.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2011