What can i do? I have no space in my house for a nursery?

I live in a small 3 bedroom home..with 4 kids and 1 on the way...i can't move out and find a bigger home, so I'm stuck here with no space for a nursery or crib....any ideas on what I can do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Looks like the crib is going in your room. A portable bassinet would make your life easier tho. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:16 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Rent a storage space to put thing you don't use often in it.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:17 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I agree with luvmygrlz.. I was staying with my parents in their 2 bedroom house while my hubby was deployed. I had myself, my daughter, and one on the way in that one bedroom lol I used the pack n play with the bassinet attachment and it worked great. I just pulled it out into the living room during the day when I needed it.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:18 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• both my boys slept in our room till 6 months.. and after my 2nd was born he slept in the playpin in the living room for 3 more months then they moved into a room together...
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 11:21 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Why would you want an infant to sleep in a separate room from you?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:22 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• There is always space, you don't need a nursery, just somewhere to put a crib. Instead of a crib go with a pack and play. The bassinet in them can double as a changing table. All you need is a corner to put it.

We have 10 (8 kids and 2 adults) in a 4 bedroom home. When we had #8 I kept joking that she would have to sleep in the roof. Instead I cut down some of the stuff in the living room and gave her a space in the corner. I co-sleep at night but she sleeps just fine in the living room during the day. Where there is a will there is a way, you just need to think outside the box.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:45 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I agree with the other ladies, you could use pack n play or get a mini crib. I bought my younger sister a mini crib for my neice because she only had one bedroom and at 10 months old she still has plenty of room to sleep...its not the porta crib type though so it doesnt fold up or anything and has a thicker mattress.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 12:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• we don't have a nursery either. you don't really need one. we have a pack an play in our room, and she'll sleep in that until we can buy a bigger house. we were gonna have my son 5, and my daughter, 5 weeks, share a room, but decided it would be better and safer to have her in our room till we move.

oh, and she wouldn't have gone in there till at leaste 6 months, but big brother likes to be mommies little helper and might try and take of her himself in the middle of the night. so thats what we're doing....good luck!

oh and i agree, if you have things you don't use, i'd hoe out the house from them. it will make it look alot bigger in there. i did that.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• cosleep =)
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• ok what i would do is stick a basinet in your room for the baby,because baby wont need a crib for a little bit anyways....get a storage space and put the stuff you guys dont need right now,in it!! get rid of the stuff you dont need at all,in a garage sale or something....make a little extra money....the other ladies have good ideas as well,we are trying to help you as best as we can and its kind of hard,but good luck.....hope everything works out for you guys......im sure there is a way to rearrange things in the house to come up with something....even if its just temporary ya know?
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2011