I cannot get my two year old to eat very much. Does anyone else have this problem?

He is very picky and would rather play than eat. All he does is drank juice and milk.

ARThompson

Asked by ARThompson at 11:19 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My kids do that sometimes, if they don't want what I serve them I just put it in the fridge and bring it out again later when its time to eat again. And they also know they don't get anything to drink until they've eaten some of their food first. My kids are a bit older but they did that too when they were that age.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:29 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My son was like this a couple of weeks ago. Then last week he started eating everything he can get his hands on. I think its a phase the go through(he is also 2). One thing I did do was I refuse to give him his milk or juice until he ate something(may not have been alot but at least it was something).
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 11:23 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• my daughter will be 2 in march and we are going through the EXACT same thing. the advice i've gotten about it is children won't starve themselves, he will eat when he's hungry. i know its frustrating because you want them to have a full belly and get the proper nutrition, but some kids are like that. my daughter does the same thing, she drinks juice and milk i don't have the heart to not give her her sippy if she doesn't feel like eating because then i feel like i'm depriving her of something to drink! its hard.. but i'm told its something they grow out of!
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 12:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• it really must be a phase for 2 year olds because my child is doing the same thing.
    RyansMama717

Answer by RyansMama717 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My 2 year old is going through the SAME thing, you guys are not alone! There will be somedays she eats alot and others she dont.
    CandyMama231

Answer by CandyMama231 at 2:20 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Leave some healthy snacks out, wherever he is playing. Drop the juice, and put fruit out instead..and see what happens. If he still doesn't eat, and his weight starts to drop, consult the doctor and get him into speech therapy..they deal with feeding issues.
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 3, 2011