Stupid question I'm sure, but is it possible?

Is it possible to have a cyst on an ovary or something so large that you can feel a lump if you rub over that area, like when you're washing or shaving?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Health

• not a stupid question. i've heard that you can feel a large fibroid especially if your thin or it could also be superficial like a cyst or lipoma. you should go check it out.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Its possible I know a woman who had one the size of a grapefruit it made her look pregnant. After it was remove she looked like she did in the past(skinny).
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 11:36 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• When I had olvarian cycts my Dr had to press pretty hard to find my golfball sized one so I'd say no it would have to be VERY large to be able to feel it that easy. But talk to your Dr to 100% sure. GL & GB
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:36 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I am not really sure anything is possible, I would call your OBGYN. It is hard to say I would think not. How big?
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 11:37 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Definately could be possible.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 11:38 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Not a stupid question and it is possible. You should be going to the doctor to have it checked out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:42 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• If you can feel it than it is very large. I have a very large fibroid (that will need to be taken out soon) and I can't feel it, But
    I'm a little chubby.

Always go to your Doctors when you feel any cyst.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:48 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Anything is always possible but since you are already calling the dr just mention it they may want to check you out just in case.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• About the size of a large marble. I've been having this weird pain around that area for a couple of weeks and when I was washing the other night I rubbed over it and noticed that it was kind of sore to rub over. I'm calling my NP tomorrow anyway about my birth control and I'll definitely mention it. I was just wondering if it was possible to feel a cyst like that or if it might be an inflamed lymph node or something. Thanks for the answers ladies!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Thanks everybody! I called, they said that it was probably just muscle tissue that I hadn't noticed before and I might have strained it, so that's why it's sore and inflamed. I'm probably going to go to a clinic to get it checked if it doesn't get better in another week or so.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Jan. 4, 2011