My son will be 7 months tomorrow on the 3rd. is it too early to introduce him to the gerber foods with meat? like with chicken, turkey, etc....

survivormama10

Asked by survivormama10 at 11:42 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think they recommend waiting untl at least 9 months for meats...but I agree that they are really nasty...kinda remind me of cat food...lol I would stick to fruits and veggies for a little while longer and then move on to the dinner type foods...they have ones like chicken and noodle dinner. Once he is able to pick up small finger foods you can start to introduce steamed veggies and other softer foods if you would like to get away from the jar foods.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 12:06 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Personally, I didn't bother with those, they are just nasty!! By the time my son was 8 months old he was eating ALL tablefoods and on 2% milk, with doctors blessing. You do what you feel your baby can handle and don't worry about what someone else says or thinks.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Not if he has teeth....

As long as they are soft and he can chew, it should be fine!
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 11:43 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• the pureed meats are gross! My kids would only eat them if they were in the stage 2 or 3 'dinners' like chicken noodle or beef stew. I am pretty sure we held off meat until 9 months or so at our house. Most of his [protein and nutrition comes form his formula/breast milk still so ther is no big rush to introduce meats which can be kind of hard on a little belly..
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:10 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i started at 8 months since my dd refused baby food at this age! she loves them! she only has them when we are eating something not baby friendly, chili, or something with beans in it! or when im to lazy to make something for lunch! lol! i do one of the Gerber meals with a can of fruit or something! my dd has 9 teeth so she has no problem with it at all!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 1:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2011