Baptizing a Toddler???

I'm Catholic, and due to many circumstances beyond my control, my 15 month old son has not been baptized yet. My best friend and my brother will be his God parents. Is it going to be different because my son is older? I plan on doing it after Christmas, most likely some time in the early spring (February, probably). Will it be a big deal that my son is going to be a year and a half old, and not a newborn?? What should I expect?

gypsysmiles

Asked by gypsysmiles at 2:07 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• My pastor always said it's better to wait until the child has some understanding of what's going on anyway. I think it'll be better.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:31 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• The ceremony is pretty standard. I've never seen any differences based on age, nor did my parents. I was baptized Catholic as a toddler.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:41 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• DH and I were godparents to his niece who was baptized a few weeks ago. She is almost 3 years old. The ceremony is no different for a toddler than it is for an infant and she did great.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I personally think that baptism should be done a lot later in life when it is the persons choice and decision to do so.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2008