Bare Minerals

What can you tell me about it? I was in a mall over the holidays while visiting family and we came across it-apparently everyone else had heard of it, but I had not.

Queenofscrap

Asked by Queenofscrap at 11:53 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• It's actually a very light weight coverage makeup. I really think it's meant for younger girls though because I found it just didn't give me the coverage I wanted. I also found that, although it looked pretty good when it was applied, it didn't last as long as I wanted. I think I would tell you it's similar to applying a loose powder all over your face.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:59 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Most Bare Mineral formulations have Bismuth Oxychloride in them which some people have a reaction to. Breaks their skin out or irrates their eyes. I do believe BE has come out with BO free formula.

There are tons of independent companies that make much better products(LA Minerals, Everyday Minerals).

I love mineral makeup. It's buildable, so you can have light, medium or full coverage. Doesn't break me out, and it's the only stuff that doesn't do that. Plus it's *crazy* cheap to get the stuff to blend your own, and once you have the formulation you like it's wicked easy too. For what I'd spend on one container of store bought stuff I got enough minerals to make a 2yr. supply!
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 12:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I love the stuff LOL.. Due to wearing sunglasses all the time I have raccoon eyes I can't get rid of. It is reddish in color and the bare minerals covers that great without looking like I have a ton of make up on.. It evens my skin out great. I do have to agree with the first poster. I work 12 hour shifts so by 5am the redness is peaking through.. It looks very natural and only takes minutes to put on, which I love and no make up line around the jaw line etc...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My mom and my best friend would only use Bare Minerals - until I introduced them to Sei Bella's Mineral Foundation - its oil- free, talc-free, and won't clog your pores. It is ideal for all skin types, even sensitive or acne prone. Glycerin, sodium PCA, and trhalose bind water to the skin for moisturizing benefits. Hyaluronic filling spheres help draw water to the sin and smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The price is more reasonable than store brands too.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 6:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I love Bare Minerals!
    LogansMamma0511

Answer by LogansMamma0511 at 8:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• yes this is wonderful its so soft and light weight
    desires_place

Answer by desires_place at 10:09 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Its awesome.
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 9:05 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I have raccoon eyes so I will have to try it. Can't find anything else to help
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 9:35 AM on Jan. 3, 2011