getting fat from boredom ?

how can i lose weight when all i do is sit at home ?
what's there to do other then eat ?
i got Wii Active, but ugh boringgggggggg.

ohhowilovemyson

Asked by ohhowilovemyson at 12:13 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Go for walks. Try chewing gum instead of munching on food. Drink 2 glasses of water BEFORE a meal, so you don't eat as much.

Once you start, its easier.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:47 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Walk, walk, walk! And drink tons of water. You'll notice a difference before you know it!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:39 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• go out and do something. get some fitness dvds and never eat because you are bored. that is beyond unhealthy
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Can you just do some walk in place type things or can you do some leg lifts while sitting on the computer. Do you have stairs you can jog up and down on? Can you go to the mall and push a strollerif you have a little one around.Get some DVD'S to work with or find a friend that you can do something with Good Luck it's hard I know.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Yes get out and do thing(gardening, walking, shoveling - depending on where you live, go to the mall and walk). Join a gym if you have the extra cash. Do fitness dvd's at home. Drink a big glass of water before you eat. Usually that is all you need. I wish I could have a wii fit.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• get a dog...then you hafta take it out for walks
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Take a daily walk around the mall. Put your iPod on the music that makes you energized.. and walk!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:36 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Quit sitting at home and start eating a balanced and nutritious diet. If you have time to be bored you have time to research good nutrition and time to prepare from scratch healthy meals for you and your family. You also have time to exercise. You are making a choice to be overweight and can make a choice to get healthy if you want to. Your not a victim so quick acting like one. I am not bashing you someone told me the same thing a few years ago and I am glad I listened or I would be 300 lbs right now. I am a size 4 now and healthy as can be. Off my diabetes meds and other medications I was on due to my weight. I used the excuse that I had an underactive thyroid. I do have one but that wasn't why I was fat it was my poor food choices and lack of meaningful exercise. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

• "Your not a victim so quick acting like one."
    Seriously, Anon? You're not bashing with that one? I don't remember the OP complaining that she was a "victim"...actually, she was very honest in her issues and asked for advice on how to NOT be bored. You labeling her as a wannabe "victim" was, however, very judgmental.

OP, get an iPod...go for a walk, turn the music up. Walk around the mall in bad weather, do some window shopping while you're at it, make a list of items for the outfit you'll buy yourself when you lose 10, 20, 30lbs....when not out walking, jump online, find some interesting menu options that are low cal/fat, high protein/fiber that you MIGHT want to try, go to the market and get the ingredients....experiment! When you hit a winner, make up a ginormous batch of it and then freeze portions for later. Get a book on meditation, Yoga, and Pilates! There's SO much to do! Good luck!!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 12:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• If you are not burning calories and are sedentary most of the day, it is easy to pack on pounds, I know. I have gained about ten lbs in the past six months. You just have to get back into the routine of walking, getting out and about, and makign sure to eat healthy and burn calories.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:52 PM on Jan. 3, 2011