Placentophagia. Would you do it or have you?

I just heard about this yesterday & i almost wanted to barf lol. But for those that have more power to ya. Do you think there are any real benefits to eating it?

iluvmykidsxoxo

Asked by iluvmykidsxoxo at 12:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• There are benefits but none that outweighed the grossness factor to me
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I don't know if there's any real benefits. My best friend did it though, we made a pact when we were 14 that we'd do it (not really looking into the future...). She had her first child last year and she went through it, unfortunately I backed out and had to complete a forfeit. She says it wasn't gross at all - but I don't know
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 12:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I dried and encapsulated mine and then took it like vitamins. Yes I think there is a real benefit or I wouldn't have done it.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 12:29 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i plan on turning it into capsules, and yes there are a million "real" benefits to it including avoiding ppd all together.
    mrs.pyle

Answer by mrs.pyle at 12:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• mrsspyle-hmmm that's interesting do you know a site where i can find the benefits listed? Maybe ill just Google.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Comment by iluvmykidsxoxo (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Most mammals eat their placenta and in many cultures they still do! I plan on drying and encapsulating mine. Studies have shown that eating the placenta can curb postpartum depression, replenish nutrients, increase milk production, and slow postpartum hemorrhage. The capsules can also be frozen and saved as a natural remedy for menopause. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/289824/placentophagia_benefits_of_eating_the.html?cat=51

Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 7:25 PM on Jan. 2, 2011