When and How?

Does anyone know when and how to sign your first child up for school this September. My daughter will be starting kindergarten.

CassySchenk

Asked by CassySchenk at 12:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I got a letter in the mail telling me when registration was for school. You could call the school she will go to and find out when registration and there cut off date is.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• You community probably has a spring or summer sign up. We almost missed it with our daughters, it was never publicized well. Call your school board and ask if and when they have one.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Contact the school she will be attending they will be able to tell you where to go. They also might have a website so if you google the name of the school it might have info on it for you. They also may have a parents as teachers program, they can come to your home and screen her.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Go to the school and ask. If you aren't sure what school your child will go to, go to the school district. You should be able to search Google and come up with the central office location. If she is in preschool, they should have some information as well. GOOD LUCK!
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 12:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• ya just go into the schools office..actually if you know what school shes gonna be going to..you can go to the schools website, and it should say when they are starting to accept applications..they might even have a downlodable/printable version of it there too
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I should also say. Our registration is Feb every year.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Our schools usually start K registration in the Spring. Google your school's website to find out when registration is, or call them. As for how, depends on the school I guess. We have to show proof of residency, birth certificate, shot record, and SSN.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Just call the school she will be going to and ask when it is, and like another mom said if she is already in preschool they will probably know.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Each school is different. Call the school and they will tell you. Preschools usually know about the local schools and will send papers out. Usually sign up is around April in our area.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:44 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Call the school she will be going to and they will explain the process and tell you when early enrollment is (usually in March/April for most schools).
    I can't wait. We'll be signing up our 4yo (she'll be 5 in April) for kindy. She's our 4th so next year I'll have 4 in school and just one at home (yay!). They will be in 6th, 4th, 3rd and kindergarten next year.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2011