Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Please help....

So I don't know if you know about my SO's history but he is pretty violent. On NY he hit me, my friend and then ditched us at a gas station. He said I disrespected him because I wanted him to meet my boss(my boss is male) He is insanly jealous and crazy. He thinks I have sex with every man I talk to. (I work for a promotion company so I have to talk to people)

Anyways I really don't make anything right now since we are just starting this company and he has been paying most the bills and stuff. But I decided I really need to leave... I can't do this anymore... but he is threatening to take my son... what are the steps I need to go through to get my son. I don't have the money for housing or any thing at the moment... Please I really need advice... he broke my phone and won't give me the car keys (we both own it)

Answer Question

Asked by June_Mama09 at 12:28 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Relationships

Level 26 (26,054 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • Look for a battered women's shelter in your area. You can leave him and go there, you shouldn't stay with this guy out of fear. Please get out before he hurts you or your child. Good luck!

    Answer by scout_mom at 12:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

  • Do you have a shelter for women in your area that you can go to? They'll help you out with housing and help you with the legal procedures for custody of your son. Can you go to a neighbors to use the phone? I'm so sorry you have to deal with a situation like this, but I'm glad to hear you know it's wrong and want out. Wait till he is at work or isn't gone out and make your move.

    Answer by Nanixh at 12:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

  • is gone out*..... sorry, trying to deal with a sassy toddler and type at the same time =)

    Answer by Nanixh at 12:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

  • I don't even have a phone to call anywhere.... is there a way I can find out where they are or email anyone to help?

    Comment by June_Mama09 (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

  • i agree with scout mom! get out of there and quickly before he hurts you or your child! sneak over to a neighbors with your son and have them lock the door and do not leave their house until you have a ride coming to get you.

    Answer by psylees_mommy at 12:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

  • Oka you need to take your child get to a safe place call 1800 799-7233 your first step your second step is to file for custody of him are you married in some states you are the only custodial parent get down to the social service office and make it legit through them get services and take care of this but first get safe momma I know I have read your posts and keep a good thought for you every time. Please get to safety!! GL Momma I am PK feel free to leave me a message.

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

  • Do you have a local homeless shelter go there they will get you to the womens shelter.

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

  • In my opinion, he is self conscious. Someone who blames you for things you do not do, ie: sleeping with every man, means he probably has wandering eyes and is scared you'll catch him. I'd stay away from him and have a friend or someone to get your stuff from him. I'm sorry your New Year's started out like this, but it can get better if you seek help.

    Answer by jperry411 at 12:38 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

  • First, you need to get a restraining order against him. Both for you and your son.
    Then you need to go to a trusted friend or family members house and stay with them. Pack your things and leave while he is at work, so he doesn't try to stop you.
    Then you need to go to the court and file for full custody. Make sure you get ALL of the information against him that you can. If your child is old enough then let them tell the court how dangerous he is, but DO NOT coach him. Let the child speak the truth from how they see it.

    The court is more likely to side with you. Especially if he is violent.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

  • good advice pinkdragon. this is a situation that needs to be dealt with STAT

    Answer by kim0167 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.