How many times?

When you tell your kids to do something, do they do it right then, or do you have to tell them again (MORE THAN ONCE)

~~i only speak once and make sure that they hear me, i am the parent~~

ILOVEMYBOYS704

Asked by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• i speak 1x and only 1x with my kids cousins friends sisters brothers etc i dont play with them :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Just wait it gets worse!
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 3:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• numerous times.....my son is 5 and on the verge of losing everything in his room except his bed! he ignores me, poops and pees his pants right in front of me, does things just to annoy me.......and the kick in the ass is noone will believe me that he is so terrible. and i mean, dr's and specialists......great, huh?
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 12:40 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• well my daughter is only 2 so i haven't really ran into this much. but she does listen to basic things like go get your coat, put your toys in the toybox, things like that.
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 12:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Sometimes they listen right away and do as they're told. Other times they have to be told numerous times. Depends on how onry they're being that day.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:42 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• awe heck... depends on the day, what Im asking them to do, which child, etc.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 12:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• hahaha, NORMALLY my daughter(6) does it the first time..but she does have her "special" days..lol..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• It depends on if my daughter wants to listen or not. She is at that age where she is realizing she doesn't have to listen to mom & dad, & sometimes thinks its funny and just smiles at us when we ask her to pick up her toys, to stop doing something but keeps doing it, etc. Well, she is soon going to realize there is a consequence for not listening- a time out. After a good 2 minutes sitting on our laps trying to wriggle free the first minute, then giving in the second, she knows not to do it again...that day lol she is a work in progress & I love her to death!
    UnAmour

Answer by UnAmour at 12:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Numberous times. I have learned that I need to get my daughters attention first, there are times she can literally NOT hear me, if she is involved in something else. I have to also be specific about what I need her to do. Ex. Please put the blue ball in the toy box. I will have to say this numerous times. I have to first ask her to pick up the blue ball, once it is in her hand, than I move on to question 2...can you put the ball in the toy box.
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• It's all about not listening these days isn't it. Often I have to ask numerous times, kids for you eh'
    rosie_x

Answer by rosie_x at 4:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2011