Why not make a resolution to get a job

and get off all forms of PA? It's a new year! Can't this be your year to make a difference in the way you live? See how it feels to have a real job and make something out of your life? If you're on unemployment, make it a resolution to not stop until you find a new job? There are 24 hours in a day, can't you use them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• i don't think this is the "push" that people are looking for. but i agree with you, where there's a will there's a way.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Wow...why dont you make a resolution to not be such a judgemental bitch? I have a full time job, and a husband that almost died due to a medical mistake this past year, a disabled stepson who lives with us full time and whose mother hasnt sent a dime since we got him 4yrs ago and a set of twins. I have worked since I was 13 and have paid plenty into the system with my taxes. I have no qualms about getting assistance. I also have no qualms about telling you to STFU and try to put your sanctimonius ass in someone eleses shoes this year!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 12:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• *probably
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 1:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Are you offering to babysit at and affordable rate, and/or produce jobs where they are not hiring?? You haven't looked for a job in some parts of this country have you?? It sounds like a good plan but unless there are jobs out there and/or childcare that doesn't take you whole paycheck... it ain't gonna happen!

Anonymous

• I agree are you offering everyone a job? Cause from what I understand jobs are few. For most people economy sucks.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Unemployment here is around 15%. Do you think these people don't want jobs? I've never been on PA or unemployment, but I have seen so many people struggling daily, trying to find jobs. It is very, very difficult out there right now. It not like it used to be where if you wanted a job, you just went out and got one. In many places, there are just no jobs to be had. Every time we post a job opening, we will get 20-30 responses on the first day alone, for just one job opening. Even when we're offering the grunt work jobs for a piddly $10 an hour, we get loads of responses from people who are desperate for work.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

clappingAnswer by shivasgirl

TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• my hubby works full time and i am going back to school full time in february... you don't know everyones life and not everyone is on PA so shove it up your ass bitch! just because you are robably sitting there on welfare and feel guilty about it doesn't mean we all are!
    psylees_mommy

• bow downwow off to the races with blanket generalized statements.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• It really wasn't a judgmental post. But since you made it that way, you had the kids, so quit your complaining about being poor and being on welfare. Judgemental? No. Just a suggestion that maybe you might want to get off your couch and look for a job. just sayin
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Jan. 2, 2011