How can I get y 6 year old to wipe better?

It seems like she is going through a phase.....I always have to remind her right now to wipe after using the bathroom and to wash her hands. I told her if she doesnt then she will stink and can get sick,but it doesnt seem to help. And it only seems to be at hime; when we are out shopping or whatever, she doesnt have a problem.

Any suggestions?

MizzNicole

Asked by MizzNicole at 12:46 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We have a full length mirror in our bathroom that my son has always used to see if he got it all. Don't ask me how he bends like that but he does. maybe you can give her a small hand mirror to check? We always use baby wipes too, it does make it easier to wipe.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 5:46 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• is she using toilet paper? maybe it is too rough or weak? when i have to wipe my son, 5, i use wipes still on him, its just easier and go through less toilet paper.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 6:49 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I would buy her wipes to use its kind of hard for small ones to get all the poop and they get tired of wiping, wipes work well and they will probably get it all the first time.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i would use wipes as well. and the mirror idea isnt that bad of a thought to do either.

my mom taught me to use wipes when on my period or went #2 just because you feel fresher when using them.

tell her that if you do get her wipes that it makes you feel fresh. i wouldnt say you smell when approaching it this way though. try to make it positive.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• get the "fancy" kids soaps and wet wipes. it should work. It can be hard to learn.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:06 PM on Jan. 3, 2011