Crock Pot and leaving Home

Do you ever leave home with the Crock pot on low? Even if you'll be gone less then a hour?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I don't, but I know plenty of people that do. They think I'm crazy for being so cautious about not leaving the house with it on.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Sorry, but I have a bit of a phobia about that stuff shorting out & starting a fire. I turn off & unplug the toaster, coffee maker, & never leave any type of appliances (washer, dryer, etc) going when no one is home. It's not worth it. If it's less than an hour- then dinner will just have to be a little late 2nite :) Better safe than sorry.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• no, i don't. my mom used to, but we don't have renters insurance at the moment so it's not worth the risk
    MrsNewman

Answer by MrsNewman at 12:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• yes
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 12:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Yes.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I have for years. That is the beauty of having one when you're working outside the home..
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I sure do. I know which ones (I have several) that will be fine, how hot and quickly they cook and which don't. I think if you know your slow cooker and how it does, then it's fine to leave it. :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 12:59 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I do
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• yes, I put stew on at 6am, and didnt get home til 7pm from a snowboarding trip
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• yes. It is a fabulous way for me to get a good dinner on the table when I know we will be out all day. The only 'hazard' is if the otelt shorted out but that can happen with your microwave or alarm clock! Anything you leave plugged in a is a 'risk' so I see a crock pot on low as no more of a risk than those things.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:25 PM on Jan. 2, 2011