What are some basic foods/meals that youiu think any woman should be able to prepare?

MizzNicole

Asked by MizzNicole at 12:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• what might be basic to me mght not to someone else but boiling eggs or making hamburger.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Pancakes, biscuits, gravy, spaghetti, chili,cornbread,, pasta salad, tuna salad, broiled fish...all super simple and basic.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• baked chicken, super simple.. spaghetti, meatloaf, baked pork chops, stir fry. I name those only because when I was a jr in highschool I had to take over the cooking because my mom wouldnt, couldnt whatever her excuse was, and those were the basics that I made often cause I knew how. Now I know alot more, but those were the basics I stuck to
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• meatload, spaghetti, lasagna, pasta salad, lentil soup... oh the list could go on and on for me. i guess it just depends on the woman and her perspective on cooking. to me, pretty much any meal is "easy" to prepare. not trying to sound stuck up at all, i'm just saying cooking comes more naturally to some people than others and there is nothing wrong with that.
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 1:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• They should be able to brown any kind of meat. Whether ground or otherwise. It's super simple as long as you just watch it and keep it on the proper temprature.

Grilled Cheese. It's too simple and it takes mere minutes to make.

Those are the two that I can think of.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i love how meatloaf, spaghetti and pasta salad were all mentioned at the same time! lol
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 1:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Lets not forget to teacher our sons as well as our daughters to cook some basic dishes. I wont raise a helpless man! - LOL (His future wife will thank you) Spaghetti, stroganoff, caseroles, are all pretty easy. Anyone who can read can follow a simple recipe tho, so dont be afraid to try new ideas.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• If you can read a cook book then you CAN make anything!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 1:09 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Scrambled eggs, french toast, grilled cheese, spaghetti, baked potato, salad
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:13 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• EVERY woman & man should be able to make (at least) a few nutritious, tasty meals. mrsmom110 makes an excellent point, we have to get our daughters and sons in the kitchen.   :-)

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 1:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2011