How do I get my 4yrold to drink water?

beautiful25

Asked by beautiful25 at 2:32 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• half apple juice half water, wein him slowly, then aftr that put 75 percent water and 25 percent juice..pretty soon it will b no juice just water...wrk for me
    thelook151

Answer by thelook151 at 3:36 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• What worked for us was to just limit the amount of juice our children drink. Eventually they stopped complaining when we gave them water and just drank it. We do juice or milk at meals and water the rest of the day. Also let him drink out of a water bottle. I don't know why but my 3 yr old prefers to drink from my water bottle more than a cup.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 5:48 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Try a flavored water, I had to do that when my 1 yr old son came down with C diff. He drank that all day long.
    Diana10

Answer by Diana10 at 9:35 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• get rid of anything else to drink but milk and water...do it for a few weeks...he might fight you at first but my kids drink nothing but water and milk and they are SO excited when they get the occasional glass of juice at grandma's house :) with all the SUGAR in kids' foods they don't need it in their drinks!
    nightraven8886

Answer by nightraven8886 at 1:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• capri sun has "roarin waters" it is flavored water in a drink pouch. also kooliad has water drink bottles out. Also try water bottles with the squirt sport bottle top.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• a spray bottle with water is fun and it get a little at a time a bottle he decorates and is only his. If you have one and use it and don't push it just leave it next to yours with his name on it he will get the hint.Boy am I thirsty, take and squirt and say boy that was just what i wanted. It makes it look special.
    Theoneandonly

Answer by Theoneandonly at 7:49 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• With my almost 3 (Dec) and almost 5 (on Sunday) year olds it all started with a little conversation about them wanting to be big like me, so I told them that they can grow up big like me if they eat their meals real good and drink milk and LOTS of WATER! So now they drink water all of the time now. Hope that helps, and let us know what ends up helping for you. GOOD LUCK
    Divagod

Answer by Divagod at 9:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Put ice in it. I told my son that if he doesn't drink enough water that he wouldn't have healthy poops. He hates bein stopped up, so that worked really well.
    bun-n-ma-oven

Answer by bun-n-ma-oven at 11:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Try WATAAH. It works in with my kids. They love it...and it has no sugar. It tastes just like water. They always say yes to wataah...i don't know why...but I'm not complaining. They are drinking more water. Check out their cool website too....my kids are addicted to it the music and even my husband too. www.drinkwataah.com. I also tried to find out more about the company and discovered their blog....www.wat-aah.blogspot.com
    Anonymous