WYR cook on electric stove or cook on a gas stove?

apronI use gas and I think its better than electric.

HomeAlone45

Asked by HomeAlone45 at 1:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Gas for sure! I grew up with electric and when I first got a gas stove it took me a while to adjust but now, I hope I never have to live with an electric stove again :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 1:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I have an electric stove, but I would rather have a gas one. When the current one dies I will replace it with a gas one.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 1:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Gas is better but I have a fear of gas houses in general so I use electric. I wont live in a gas house.
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:07 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Electric
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:10 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I like my electric stove. :)
    LogansMamma0511

Answer by LogansMamma0511 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I prefer electric.. I grew up in a gas house with a gas stove and I was ALWAYS scared (watch too many rescue 911 episodes). I remember one night the gas was left on in the stove and the house filled up with gas while we were sleeping. Thank God I woke up and we called 911 and evacuated the house! I have been scared ever since and scared that the kitchen will blow up one day.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I don't really care which one. Basically, I learn how to use the stove I have, and get used to it. Changing is hard because you have to learn all over again, but once I get used to it, that is the preferred method.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I like gas because I can control the heat better, but have an electric. I'm used to my stove, cooking on others throws me off.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Electric. I grew up with a gas stove, and especially now that I have kids I really like electric better. My IL's have gas and it scares me when my MIL cooks with my kids around.
    Anonymous

• I like electric, I have never been able to scramble eggs on a gas stove (always burnt) I think it is just what you are used to. I have always had electric
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2011