How many times a week do you excercise and how long do you exercise for?

I'm going to start exercising and I was wonder should I exercise every day for 30 min.

HomeAlone45

Asked by HomeAlone45 at 1:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Start at 30 min per day, ease yourself into it so you don't overdo it...a lot of people will overdo it and have to take a few days off to "recover" which is counter-productive.

Cardio is good. Get your heart rate between 145 & 150 bpm for at least 20 mins to see any true benefit. Weight training and stretching can be incorporated after you get used to exercising again.

Remember, every month or so, completely redo your exercises/routines. If your body gets too used to a set "workout", the results will dwindle off, but if you keep your body guessing by varying which muscle groups you're targeting, you'll get a lot better results.

Good luck!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 12:50 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• you can to get started. but the best way to exercise it 30 min of cardio b4 breakfast and 30 min of strength training and 30 min of stretching before dinner. i do considerably more than that in a day every single day. 30 min a day is a good start though. exercise only begins to work on your body after 10 straight minutes
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I'm also starting..again, lol..and I'm going to do 5 days a week for 30-45min - then, if I stay consistent, I'll increase the time to an hour/hour and a half, split into two workouts a day. I gotta stick to it! Not only is it my resolution, but I haven't had the Mirena for almost 7 months and that was preventing me from losing weight. When I had that craptastic IUD, I busted my ass working out and never lost weight, but I have lost weight - 10lbs - without doing anything over the past few weeks..thank God for the Paragard - I can lose weight again! Good luck to you. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:35 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I workout five times a week for three hours a day started out at 30 minutes
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:46 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Well, if you consider feeding horses and bringing in fire wood, i work out twice a day for 30 min to an hour and a half, depending on what needs to be done! :D It really feels like i do a cardio/ab workout twice a day, especially being 6+ months pregnant! Lol!

USUALLY though, i run or do yoga for 30-60 min every day or every other day, depending on how ambitious i feel.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 1:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• 30-40minutes a day. Mostly running and sometimes yoga and hand weights-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• 30 minutes its a great starting point!!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:44 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I just started back exercising and I'm slowly going back to my old routine of 4 days a week for an hour.
    jenna355

Answer by jenna355 at 3:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• When I was exercising like I should.... I would walk about 2-5 miles 5 days a week, as well as doing yoga 4 days a week and weights every other day or so. Now I have been off the wagon for a while and will have to start slow with maybe 20 mins a day of yoga and a 30 min walk and work my way back up.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:50 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I would say that 30 minutes is good but I was told that you should only do 3 days a week to start out with. My doctor says that you need to let your body rest in between work out so that you don't over do it. He said the Monday, Wednesday and Friday are great days to do it.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:36 AM on Jan. 4, 2011