Am i over-emotional or over-reacting?!

I am a 23 year old SAHM of two kids under three. I dont get out much unless i take the kids and showers or baths are rare before midnight. For the past few months i have been extremely emotional, just the littlest things will set me off. I can't even look at the showdowns on here because i start to cry at how beautiful everyone is. It's so wierd! I have never in my life been like this and wonder if im depressed or my horomones are all out of whack. I had my son 7 months ago so i would think it would be to late for it to be ppd. Anybody going through this? or am i just over-reacting and need to get over it because im being a girl?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Health

• Post partum depressioin can occur from birth to up the first year after a child is born.
    Having a lot of stress and/or not a lot of 'me' time can increase the likely hood you have ppd.
    Some symptoms are:
    Feel very sad, hopeless, and empty. Some women also may feel anxious.
    Lose pleasure in everyday things.
    Not feel hungry and may lose weight. (But some women feel more hungry and gain weight).
    Have trouble sleeping.
    Not be able to concentrate.

Good luck, hope you feel better.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:40 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I think you might be a bit of both, but either way it is ok..........you will feel back to normal in no time.

Answer by older at 1:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I remember feeling like that too, i think is PPD , and you know I am a SAHM and every once in a while i get like that. Try to at least once a month go out just yourself Even a 30 min walk will do it, or a girl night ... whatever it is you need to do something just you. Talk to someone, even if you like go to a church with daycare . You will fill good , is not permanent, but if you feel overwhelm, look for help. Good luck! happy new years!!
    violetlady

Answer by violetlady at 1:47 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I agree w/ the other moms- & think you should talk to your Dr. A simple blood test can determine if there are any issues w/ your hormones. Also, exercise & getting some time for yourself will help raise your spirits. Good luck mama- & hang in there! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• First it definitely sounds like you need some more ME time even if it is just to take a shower. Talk with your DH and let him know how you have been feeling. It will get worse before it gets better if you don't take some time to yourself. Second I would definitely be talking to the doc about this because PPD can show up anytime up until about 12 months. You could also be having other hormonal problems that could be causing it too.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• You need to talk to your doctor and also get some me time it helps maybe you can start a playgroup or sign up for some classes anything that gets you adult interaction. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2011