anyone get stuck this year?

During a flight has anyone had any problems as far as turbulance, cancellations, or delays? I fly out on friday with my 2 girls, I am pretty nervous.

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 1:44 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Travel

• Since my husband works for a major airline we know not to fly during the holidays unless its an unavoidable medical/family emergency thing. And in that instance we'd try to drive!

I had to hear about some pretty tragic and depressing "stuck" stories, the worst of which was probably a woman 32-ish weeks pregnant traveling alone w/ a toddler after having fled her abusive hubby. (My dh was able to pull some strings and get her a hotel voucher even though for weather related delays they DON'T do that. I later called the hotel and paid my own $10 to have a crib waiting in the room when she got there) ... I wonder if I should go anon. Ehhh ...I didn't have her name, just a huge pregnant lady with a small child in tow paying w/ an airline voucher.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• PS ... as long as you constantly check the email address and phone # you provided for updates/messages and/or the airlines phone # and website for delays you can expect things to go smoothly. If there's problems they'll try hard to let you know asap. Plan on going as early as possible (2 hrs is good) and eating a meal in the terminal. .... and try not to fly Fridays again so close to new years if u can help it ;)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Oh that sucks. My flight is this friday :( I am supposed to depart at 5:15 am.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I am flying with us airways? I have never flown with them.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Most of the delays because of the holidays are done with - the people stuck on the east coast are home now :) You should be fine, DH flew out of Cleveland this morning and there were no issues at all.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:26 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Ok good. I was pretty nervous
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 2:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2011