What will you do with your tax refund this year? And how much are you expecting to get?

babysavy9

Asked by babysavy9 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Pay deposits on an apt. so we can short sale our house. :0( Nothing exciting.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I have no idea what we're getting back. I DO know that Uncle Sam has taken over $5000 in taxes out of DH's pay checks in the last month, so hopefully we'll be getting a good chunk of that back! I plan on paying the doc and hospital for the baby we have coming in April (no insurance, we're paying out of pocket), and if there's anything left, i will use the rest of it to catch up on a few bills we got behind on while DH was laid off for 7 months!!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 1:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• put a new roof on my house and upgrade my homeowners insurance, fully fund my Emergency fund, and if anything left I am going on Vacation
    hodgkinrus6

Answer by hodgkinrus6 at 1:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Probably the beginning of February. We are getting a nice size but I will not disclose it on here. It's just going into savings
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I plan to save it but I never count my chickens before they hatch, so I go about my business as if we aren't getting anything.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:56 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Sallie Mae is getting my tax refund :(
    Anonymous

• We got (state + federal combined) around 9,250 last year. I assume it'll be similar ballpark.

1) work and new tires done on our truck
    2) high end oak bunk beds for the kids
    3) pre-paying next years 1st grd and kindergarten private school tuition and getting a NICE discount)
    4) paying off a few small personal loans (mom, MIL)
    5) Pre-paying on a few of our larger monthly expenses (cable, utilities)
    6) VACATION!!!!! We were thinking cruise but passports are expensive. Now we're leaning towards Hawaii.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:57 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Were getting a nice size this year, and were moving & putting the rest in savings. We went through all our savings and 401k when hubby was unemployed, so at this point it is just trying to put some of that back.

Answer by gemgem at 1:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• putting it into savings for our upcoming move this summer, going to have to pay to get there(moving truck) and a deposit. first/last rent
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• we should be getting around 7grand, but by should i mean that it will be intercepted for a navy debt my dh has, but with it the entire debt will be paid so we can move on in our lives! yay!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2011