Would it be wrong of me to.....

name my current child(only if a boy) John Michael when I already have a Michael Caden?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Baby Names

• seems kind of silly to me. I think that all your kids deserve their own name. Their are soo many names out there and plenty of ways to honor your uncle. I think John Christopher sounds nicer and you arent re-using a name.
    coolassmom87

Answer by coolassmom87 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i say give the baby his own name...
    jamrya55

Answer by jamrya55 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I would personally go with John Christopher. Then both of your children could have part of your uncle's name, without having to share a name.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 7:13 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Not necessarily wrong just a little too unoriginal. It might be a little hard down the line to keep the name strait. Think about it this way, when you're trying to get the attention of one or the other of them, or one gets in trouble and you accidentally yell at the other. It's not a bad thought but,
    CadensMama117

Answer by CadensMama117 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• It's a bit strange in my books but go for it. People do it all the time and what matters is what you think not what the rest of the world thinks
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Yes I know, I just hate to be one of those people that people are gossiping about at the park due to the name. I was also thinking about doing John Christopher.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I dont see anything wrong with it.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I dont see the problem.

Answer by gemgem at 2:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• No but you know there are a ton of John Micheal's right? Ozzy's, real name is John Micheal, Montgomery, Higgins, greer, talbot...

If you like it though go for it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:05 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I don't care how many John Michael's there are. If it is a boy, I would be naming him after my uncle since he won't ever has kids and he asked me last time, but I didn't want to.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Jan. 2, 2011