Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

What happens if he disconnects his phone... and wont sign the damn papers?

Im 30 weeks pregnant... he abandoned me and his baby, and all I want is for him to sign over all rights so that if something happens to me, my mom would have no problems getting my baby... He quit his job, and apparently his phone got cut off... Now what?

Answer Question

Asked by sissy0604 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Relationships

Level 16 (2,692 Credits)
Answers (14)
  • dont try to contact him just move on....
    after the baby is born contact an attorney about the situation

    Answer by MELRN at 2:13 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

  • When the baby will born just give your name for the baby and do not name the father.

    Answer by adriennfaklya at 2:13 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

  • **hugs** Hopefully the state will find him, that way you will get child support. What a jerk. I"m so sorry!! ps: If he's that special breed of Jerk, once the state finds him,and starts taking money out of his check for child support, he may sign the papers. Again, I'm so sorry!!!!

    Answer by kaileymom79 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

  • Leave the name on the birth cert blank or as unknown. If he tries to come around later he will have to pay for a DNA test to prove the baby is his, which means hiring a lawyer, having to pay child support etc. When you go to give birth set up a living will saying your mother is to have custody of your child if something ever happens to you.

    Answer by gemgem at 2:15 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

  • He has no rights if you don't name him on the birth certificate.

    Answer by babysavy9 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

  • u dont no his social ? i would get an attorney give them all the info i no about him and when he gets a job they can take the appropriate action :)

    Answer by premiemom18 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

  • Like others have said he has no rights if his name is not on the bc. If you don't put it there he would have to get a dna test to get his rights. I am not one to say take a fathers rights away but if he is trying to dodge them already just make it easy on yourself don't put him on the birth certificate. Than if he does come around he will prove himself to be the father and to do all that will prove he is ready to step up and do what is right for your kid.

    Answer by Alanaplus3 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

  • He will have to go to court if he wants to have a relationship with the child, if you don't freely give him one. A judge will not force him to terminate his parental rights unless there is some one adopt the child in his place. After the child is born just make a Last Will and Testament, not a Living Will, naming your mother as the child's guardian in the event of your death. He will have to get an attorney to contest it. He would have to be deemed unfit to have his rights terminated if there is not someone to take his place. Just because he is a jerk doesn't mean he is unfit. I know, I will be voted down for this but, I have been through it TWICE. My husband adopted my son and I adopted his.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 4:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

  • He is a crazy drunken druggie... I would say he is unfit. Last time I seen him in person, he smoked a bowl in front of me because he just couldn't wait anymore...

    Comment by sissy0604 (original poster) at 5:57 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

  • I would suggest contacting a lawyer, or call your state court house they may be able to tell you what needs to be done. Regardless of what type of person he is, if he is the father he will have his rights. I am not sure of the abandonment issue since he did not support or help you throughout the pregnancy check your state laws.

    Answer by Kellyjude1 at 7:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.