how do i get my 2 wk old to change his schedule? he has days & nights confused.

josealln6

Asked by josealln6 at 3:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• WELL MINE DID NOT DO THAT TELL SHE WS THREE MONTHS I JUST STARTED TO TRY AND KEEP HER UP MORE IN LATE AFTERNOON TO PLAY/ READ A BOOK ETC...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• You can't. Just be patient. He'll work it out.

Death, taxes and never sleeping eight hours straight again...those are your three guarantees as a mom. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 3:24 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• We just got through that phase with my almost 2 month old. It'll just take him some time to get turned around.
    jenn21404

Answer by jenn21404 at 6:12 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• You can't, try to sleep when you can so you don't get to frustrated. We are in the same situation our son is 5 weeks old, some nights are good and some are bad. I try to rest when possible which is hard when you are nursing. Try to grab naps or go to bed a little earlier and let daddy take care of baby. Good luck, it will get better for all of us (hopefully)
    lesliebabl

Answer by lesliebabl at 10:34 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Work on keeping him up during the day some doctor recommend taking them out during the day to get the sunlight and outside noises. It'll take some time.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:45 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• During the day, make your house as BRIGHT as possible. Windows open, light pouring in (it's important to do this anyway because you both need the Vitamin D). I found the only one of my kids to have day/night confusion was my oldest, and I think it's because she was an only child at that point, and the house was quiet all day long. Make days as activity filled as possible, lots of noise. Two hours before the time your baby usually shuts down for the night, start "quiet time." Quiet activities only, as few lights on as possible, and keep the house calm. Usually this worked within a few days.
    3maniacsmom

Answer by 3maniacsmom at 12:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2008