my four and half year daughter start stuttering some time she talk fine some time stutering

iam really confuse what i do she even go to school can any one help

ridacute

Asked by ridacute at 2:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• When she stutters tell her to calm down and say it again. I used to do that when I was little because I would get to excited and talk to fast and because of that i would stutter. My mom always told me to stop slow down and say it again.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:39 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• she is doing now often iam really worried if she is having this problem in school
    ridacute

Comment by ridacute (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Stop worrying. I think she does it more because she has more exciting things nowadays and probably more friends and she gets excited because she wants to tell you everything to you. But her brain moves faster than her tongue. When she does it, tell her to calm down and repeat what she said because you can't understand what did she say. She is in that age when the children actually start to understand the world around them and start to enjoy using the language to make the world understand them. And it is so exciting. She is gonna be fine. But if you are worried than ask her pediatrician:)

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 3:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• If you want to make sure there isn't a problem, take her to a speech Therapist. Better to catch it when she's young before kids start making fun of her and cause a whole lot of unnecessary pain... Hope this helps...

lesbians

WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 4:50 AM on Jan. 3, 2011