Do you find it hard to maintain friendships as a mother?

I am 25 and have three little girls it used to be easy to make friends and those friendships grew quickly now I have a few friends but none that I can really open up to. I lost all of my friends because I chose to have children so young and they wanted to party. I have made friends here and there my best friend is unreliable and lives 600 miles away, my next closest friend is single now and has a different outlook on life so we have drifted almost completely apart barely speak anymore, I am blessed with 4 sisters 2 of which I am very close to or I would go crazy. But they are younger and it is just not the same. Ok so enough of my sob story is it just me or do others have the same dilemma.

theschwenkfam

Asked by theschwenkfam at 3:49 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• It IS hard.. I had a friend named Lizzie. She always used to hang out with me. But her mom didn't like it cuz I was married. Now she's not allowed to hang out with me at ALL cuz I'm having a baby. Most of my friends don't keep in touch because they're all in college and into drinking and partying. The ones who HAVE kept in touch are the ones who have babies of their own. Plus all the single girls just try to muscle in on my marriage and try to get my husband. It pisses him off so they aren't allowed around. I'm sorry you don't really have anyone. I don't either. Too bad we don't live closer.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I hate trifling hoes like that. I introduced my now hubby then fiance to my so called BFF from hs and she told me she wanted to sleep with him I was 3 mo. preggers.
    It is sad t
    theschwenkfam

Answer by theschwenkfam at 4:07 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• that it is so hard to find true friends
    theschwenkfam

• I am 26 have have a 21month old daughter. I was the first of my friends that stayed in my area to have children, as time goes by we get invited to less thing and the things that we plan aren't that interesting to them. I have accepted that and I hope that when they are in the same situation as me, we will be able to reconnect the friendship that was there. I can't change my lifestyle for them and if they don't have time outside of the night life, our relationship will dwindle It sucks but my daughter is my responsibility. Plus there are mom's groups out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    kkyllo

Answer by kkyllo at 6:05 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• It is hard, I'm older than all of you but I was in reverse. I didn't choose to wait to have kids, but that's how it happened to play out but now I'm having a kinda the same problem in reverse because now I'm the older Mom, the one's my age already have kids that are a lot older so they'd don't have kids my kids ages so they're "past" doing the kiddie stuff. So... I did what I had to do.... I found other parents that have kids my kids ages (in the same school too but not in same grade) and it works out pretty good so I'm recommending that you join play groups, or something along that line so that both you and your kids benefit. It's never too early for kids to learn to interact with other children and it'll help to keep you sane too. I also volunteer at the school (you don't have to have kids in school to volunteer) so that I can help the school and meet new people.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:29 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I used to have this problem when I first got married. My friend was still single. The problem began after I had my baby. She became jealous because I did not have much time to spend with her like we used to. We were in different boats, she had an outside job, and I was raising kids. She would talk to me about her job, and I would talk about the kids. At that time, it was difficult to maintain common ground with her. We became closer once she started having her kids. I knew this girl since I was 15 years old. I am now 46. We are closer than ever. We are like sisters because we grew up together. If you are a young mom, you must be careful keeping friends in your home too long, some may secretly envy your life style and may try to take it from you by moving in on your man. The best thing to do when you associate with friends is make a girls day out, go shopping, bowling, have dinner, etc..
    Momof1015

Answer by Momof1015 at 8:20 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Friendships are very seasonable. That means the nature of them changes from time to time. Right now your need is for people who are at the child-rearing stages of their lives. A good place to find those is at a Parent's Day Out program. A lot of churches have these and they are free. Ask around or look for signs in front of churches. We have a bunch of them in our town, and it's not a big city.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:50 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I hate girls like that too. The one girl that tried that still flinches when she sees me =)
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 6:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Yes, I honestly thought i was the only one going thru this. I was gonna call and wish everyone happy new year but i didnt cause they never call me. I know people are on so many diffent levels in life but still be a friend you never know what people are going thru and simple words can help let people know someone cares. Well take care and Happy New Year to all!
    Adonism2

Answer by Adonism2 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2009