Sometimes I just cringe!!

When I read these posts and something appears controversial, I always want to read it but am finding that I get really nervous reading through some women's answers. No matter what...somebody has something negative to say!! So many times, there seems to be a young girl seeking advice and some do-gooder, judgmental (often times BIGOT) has something rude and/or disheartening to say to her!! WHY???? Cafemom is supposed to a safe haven for people to speak freely about their problems, issues or whatever. Why bash a perfect stranger who just wants advice? I really don't get it. If you don't have ADVICE to give, then don't say anything!!

MammaMia72

Asked by MammaMia72 at 3:50 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I was just reading a woman's journal on a completely different site who said she used to be on CM but canceled her account because the negativity was stressing her out so bad! I am starting to understand this. I have met some great women here and I belong to a few groups that I really enjoy. Unfortunately, the bad seeds are starting to overpower the rest of the site for me.

Why can't we all just have conversations that mutually benefit all involved? I am aware that some posts are intentionally started to get debates started and that's different in my eyes. It's the sincere "help me" questions that I am sick of seeing turn out so negative. Let's help each other and quit hurting each other.

Just had to vent that.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 3:50 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Ditto MammaMia72, I fell victim to a troll and cried a few times but because I had other friends on here that encouraged me to keep on I have!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• awww...see that is exactly what I am talking about! I am glad you stayed strong and have stuck it out.

Also, this question was posted in Cafemom but now it's in Just for fun? How the heck did that happen?
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 4:14 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• i agree totally i thought we came on this site for advice to vent and just talk not to get bashed because we may ask a question that somebody else thinks is stupid. not everyone knows everything and a lot of these girls or women grew up w/o a mother so they might not really know thats why they ask the question. we want the truth but we dont want to be bashed there is nice ways to write the truth.
    sdeignan

Answer by sdeignan at 7:31 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• So what's your question? You're suppose to post a question, NOT vent.

Thanks for wasting my time..............
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• well anon 925 ~she was asking rude ppl like yourself WHY you are so rude~I will try to answer-it is because they weren't raised back in the day- when "if you don't have something good to say Don't say anything-" now this does not apply in all instances- but I sure wish some around here would give it a shot!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• anon 9:25, it's people like you that has alot of moms leaving cm.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I already deleted myself do to the negetivity but then came back. I decided to ignore them b/c this my only escape into the adult world. I figure if you ignore them it dont feed their fire just like the bullies in school. The more you react to them the more they do kinda thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• let's just take it back...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:22 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I enjoy this site. And I hate it that grown women with children have so much time on their hands to start crap. I didnt have time in high school and married with 2 kids I really dont have time for it now. I just brush them off and move on. Who do they think they are? No one important in my life so I could care less if they judge me or talk crap. I dont even talk to my family memebers who think they are in high school laying this crap. So keep strong and enjoy the different thoughts and take in the good and just laugh at the bad, for they are not the ones who count.
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 10:44 AM on Nov. 11, 2008