What brand of dry dog food do you use?

I am just curious to know what brand of dog food everyone uses. I have my American Bulldog on Wellness. Of course when you go on the internet I see negative reviews on almost every dog food brand. Also I was curious as to how many people simply feed dry dog food or do you mix moist food with dry?

Kellyjude1

Asked by Kellyjude1 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Pets

• Just dry. I use Blue Buffalo small breed. He gets carrot sticks for treats.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:57 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Combination of Ol Roy and homemade (yes, I cook for DH's dumb dog).
    Anonymous

• We use Ol Roy now... We used to use Kibbles 'N Bits but the in-laws have something against it apparently. No wet food, but... they do occasionally get some hamburger grease drizzled over it, but not much.
    kittrick

Answer by kittrick at 5:14 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I only feed my dogs holistic foods. Right now they eat Verus but I have used Innova, California Natural,Taste of the wild and Flint river ranch just to name a few over the years.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i use blue buffalo. i really like it and the dogs seem to as well.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• We are using Eagle Pack Holistic.
    To the posters using Ol Shit..eer Roy and Kibbles and Beaks..eeer Bits, try something a little better. That stuff is crap food.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 9:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I agree with Acid! If you are feeding Ol' Roy, Kibbles & Bits, or anything else that can be found at the grocery store or Walmart, please take a look at the ingredients list and compare them to a higher quality brand like Canidae, Wellness, Blue Buffalo, or Taste of the Wild. Check out www.dogfoodadvisor.com. They have 1 to 5 star ratings for almost every food available and explain to you what ingredients are good/bad & why.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 12:06 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I feed mine Taste of the Wild dry & rotate "flavors" each bag. So far, they have had Pacific Stream (fish) & High Prairie (buffalo). Next, I will probably try Wetlands (duck). They love TOTW and their coats are soooo soft and shiney! I love that it is grain-free and has LOTS of REAL MEAT and contains no byproducts, fillers, or artificial colors/preservatives! Plus, it is very affordable.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 12:17 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Oh, I only feed dry BUT I always add warm water, plus one of my dogs gets cranberry powder on hers every night.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 12:21 AM on Jan. 3, 2011