"real" men....

believe in Jesus.
I've seen this numerous times.
It makes me wonder, does your spiritual beliefs require you demean others in order to make it seem better or "right" to others?

How do you feel when you see things like this, if it happens to coincide with your own beliefs?(IE: you believe in Jesus)

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Real Men....

Change diapers
    Kiss boo boos
    Attend PTO meetings
    Cook
    Wear pink
    Aren't afraid to carry your purse
    Eat quiche
    Wear sandals
    Watch tear jerkers
    Do dishes
    Drink wine
    Love chocolate
    Baby wear...

Real men aren't insecure in their masculinity, and don't feel the need to be in constant competition with anyone. Real men aren't swayed by the beliefs of others :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:52 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I thought real men wore pink.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:09 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I don't think it demeans anyone. It's trying to get across the point that if you believe in God (or eat quiche or wear pink or whatever it happens to say), it doesn't make you less of a man. There are too many men who act like it would ruiin their "manhood" to attend church other than Easter and Christmas or actually believe in God.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:15 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I think real men are honest, loyal and support their families and stand behind their word.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 3:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I put that up with the signs and bumper stickers about how you should try church, because if you don't like it, Satan will take you back. I've asked about that one before - apparently it's ok to call Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindu and everyone else devil worshipers, too (nevermind that Jesus was a Jew, so in a sense, they're basically calling Jesus a devil worshiper, so what does that make them?)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Real men don't use their beliefs to make others feel less then or insignificant.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Real men take responsiblity. Jesus has nothing to do with it.

"There are too many men who act like it would ruiin their "manhood" to attend church other than Easter and Christmas or actually believe in God"

My DH refuses to go to church because he thinks it's stupid & boring. Not because it will ruin his manhood. He'll dance with a bunch of Hare Krishna's, but he will not go to a Christian church....we both agree that Christianity has too many loopholes & too many lunatics for us to get involved.

I love me some Jesus though, i really do. But, some (lots) of his followers are nuts.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I think it is rude.....and I find it funny that they are taught to treat everyone with kindness and yet they will be so rude and put other people down for not believing in the same things as they do. what every happened to "love thy neighbor"?

Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Even when I was a Christian, I rolled my eyes at sayings like that!

Besides, everyone knows that "real" men drive hybrids. (when they can fit in them that is!!)
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I've seen that before, and think it's completely stupid. REAL men are respectful, responsible, and love their families. There are loads of losers out there who believe in Jesus or don't, and good men who believe in Jesus or don't. It's about character, not religious beliefs.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:06 PM on Jan. 2, 2011