To anyone who does or has worked for Hospice ....

I give you all the thanks and praise in the world. My gramma has been dying for the last 6 weeks and it's been a process. She has had alzheimers for years, but the Monday after Thanksgiving fell several times. Was bleeding in the brain and found a tumor as well when at the hospital. This then began to speed the process along....which in a way was a blessing. As she never wanted to live to have completely lost her mind, which was happening. Anyways, my parents have been living there with her and my grandpa, caring for her. Hospice has been involved since ... now today with the point to where my gramma is at, it will be soon.
So to any of you who work with families through this, my heart goes out to you. It truely takes a special person. I work with mental health children, and that takes a special person as well.....but a hospice nurse or care giver has more of a heart than I do.

Thank You!!

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 3:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• It is quite a job and takes a certain type of person. I wouldnt be able to do it. My grandfather was also in hospice care for less then a month. He too had alzheimers and fell, broke his hip and lost his ability to eat and swallow without choking. It was a horrible experience but the nurses are there help the family cope and handle the situation.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 3:15 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• In the nursing school I went to years ago they required you to log 72 hours at the hospice of your choice.... it's 1 of the reasons I dropped out. It terrified me.... it takes a very VERY special person with a heart of gold!! Bless them all.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:13 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Im too emotional to work for them but the people who work there are amazing. They help families thru so much.
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2011