ok im 16 n pregnant i told my parents & the only person on my side in my fiancé andrew and he want me to move in with him wut do i do

page101

Asked by page101 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well, Mom and Dad are likely in shock and are probably a bit afraid and angry right now, at you, your fiance, and themselves. First thing is first you need to decide what YOU want. Then you need to have a calm grown up discussion with your parents and his parents all together. Give your parents time to come to terms with the information you have given them. 

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I agree with But_Mommie.
    Good luck!
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 3:14 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Well that depends on a lot of things. Where does Andrew live? Does he have a job and can he support you and the baby? Where do you guys plan on living after the baby is born? All these things need to be considered when making a decision that will effect not only your life but that of your childs as well. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you guys
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 3:14 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Move in with him as in:

Move in with him he has his own place?

or

Move in with him and his parents?

Each is a different situation with different possible issues/outcomes.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• he lives in a two room town house he works n is in college p.s i told my parents 5 months ago n i am 7 moths pregnant
    page101

Comment by page101 (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• You have 2 major priorities. (1) taking care of this baby (2) Taking care of YOU. This means finishing school. You need to decide the best situation for you to best succeed in these to areas. Your parents have not thrown you out so they must be willing to help you some!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Is the townhouse his? Does he live alone? Does he have roomies? Since he is working & going to college, is his income enough to support all 3 of you on his own?

Right now you are in a tough spot. Your parents are most likely in shock, and not real sure yet how to feel/handle this situation, and you have the man you love ( I presume) saying live with him it will be okay.. However here is the reality. Will things really be okay? What's the plan, in regards to how to live, how to support all 3 of you, how to take care of all 3 of you, how to provide for you to finish your education and he his, how to provide health insurance for the 3 of you, etc..etc... There are many things that need to be in play in regards to moving out and starting a life with your boyfriend, many plans that need to be made, and many things to make sure are in place. Have the two of you worked out a plan?
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• obviously not they dont even look at me
    page101

Comment by page101 (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• You need to talk to them about your feelings. You need to talk to them about your options. Maybe through the school counselor so that there is a neutral mediator. These things need to be addressed and I am not being a butt but you are young and you need help making the best possible choice from here on out. There is a lot of help out there for you and you need someone to help you find it preferably your parents!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I know this sounds so cliche' (and honestly it really does.. lol) .. However, here it goes.

You do need to give your parents time to adjust to this and come to grips with it. As a parent of a child that is a few years older than you are, I can understand them. I'll share what I mean, there are so many things that would come to my mind if I had a daughter ( I have a son) who became pregnant at 16, most of them would be concerns for her and her future. I'm sure that's the #1 thought in your parents head right now. You and your future, what will your future be like now, will your life be harder now, will you have to forgo things in life that they hoped you would get to experience, who's going to take care of you since you are still their baby... and many many other things. That's why so many of us say give them time to come to terms with this. It is a blow to them in regards to all their hopes/plans for you /your future
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2011