Do you remember those red snow boots they had that went over regular shoes when you were a kid?

OK, I'm 43 but I had these red rubber snow boots that had an elastic hook & button closure on the side. They went over your regular shoes so when you went to school, all you had to do is slip them off and then on again over your shoes when school was over. They were fantastic! Why don't they make them anymore?? This way the kids don't have to carry another pair of shoes to school or wear snow boots all day in bad weather. We even wore them in the spring & fall when it rained. Do you remember them?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 3:15 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Shopping

• I LOVED THOSE!!! Man, what the crap happens sto all the good stuff?
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I remember those!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I remember those. I didn't know they didn't make them any longer. We got them for our sons when they were little.

Answer by Bmat at 3:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I remember!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• yep, I think they are called galoshes,,,some of my co-workers wear them. Im sure you can find them on-line

beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 3:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I remember them and the rain boots like that.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Rubbers! LOL that's what we called them! We wore them in the rainy weather though, not in the winter/snow - had snow boots for that time! Boots stayed by the door, shoes were worn in school. Man, I forgot about those...we always had black ones though, I don't remember seeing red ones. Hmm...I'd think farm-type stores would have them but I haven't seen anything like that in any around here for as long as I've had kids, they just make other kinds that you wear without shoes. I think my mom always got them at Wal-Mart when I was a kid, and they even just have other boots too now. I'll have to ask around, look around, we have a lot of different kinds of farm supply stores and that's always who those boots were really popular with around here, was farmers & their kids!
    Anonymous

• LOL! What the heck happened to them??? If anyone has seen them around, please let me know where! :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Comment by ILovemyPaulie (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I remember those too, I had red galoshes and a bright yellow rain coat with a black umbrella, to today's kids I would have looked like a cartoon, but it was normal when I was a kid.  The thing I hated about them was how my shoes would get stuck in them and then when I went to pull them off and leave them hanging with my coat I would have to do the flamingo dance and try and dig my shoe out because the floor was wet from all of the other kid's galoshes and raincoats hanging up.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• These are similar to the ones I had. I LOVED them!!  I wish I had a pair now!!!

Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2011