have u ever made a comment and the person it was towards heard you? adult content

i was at wal mart today with my kids 2boys ages 8,6 and my daughter age 3, and my mom. as we were leaving there was this girl about 16ish wearing short shorts, her a$$ and other goodies were hanging out and this barely there tank top, mind you we have 5 degree wind chill, even then this attire is not appropriate on any day to wear out in public. well she walked by and i turn to my mom and said"can we say hooker?" the girl turned back and glared at me. my mom had said well she has a cute figure at least, and i then said well so do i but im not flashing my goodies to god and everyone. then my my oldest had asked me why that girl was almost naked in the store, and asked of she was a prostitute. i couldnt help but laugh and said well dressed like that probably, those are the girls u need to stay away from.
i know it sounds like im a b**ch but i felt i need to set an example for my kids, esp my daughter, i wouldnt want her dressing like a 2 bit wh*re.

any of you come across someone/something just horrendous and made comments about it, or at least thought something

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I don't know if I have ever been heard or not, but I would have probably said the same thing. Some people have no self-respect. I hate that kids have to look at that trashiness.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 3:29 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• ages 8,6 and my daughter age 3, and how do they even know what a prostitute is at such young age!?!?
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Sometimes its better to keep harsh comments to ourselves.
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• No I mind my own business in and out.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I might have thought some things if the situation was too bad but I would not say it out loud.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 3:35 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I'd be more worried about the example i was setting to my kids calling people hookers. If MY kid asked me why they were dressed like that, i sure wouldn't be telling him the whole truth of it at that age. More like "She doesn't know how to dress right" instead. But that's also why i live in a place where that's not accepted or tolerated and dont watch the news with my kids....
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 3:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• they know what a prostitute is because of the news, we had someone busted localy for prostitution and my oldest asked what that was so my dh and explained it to him, a woman with no self respect selling her body. (the news had a story about it) we also have prostitutes that stand on corners in a near by city dressin half naked, and again my oldest asked why they dressed that way...more than likely they are hookers. and as far as i think any woman dressin in what could be considered underwear and undershirt in public is a hooker, thats the only kind of attention they will get, some guy tryin to jump on em like a piece of meat. its sick, a woman with any figure can look sexy without baring it all and lookin trashy
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:38 PM on Jan. 2, 2011