Yogi Bear Movie for a 3-4 y/o? Yes? No? Seen it? Like it?

I was pretty disappointed in the violence in Toy Story 3, so before we spend $40 at the theatres, I wanted to know if it's good or not. Is there much violence or themes that are not good for pre-schoolers? He likes Yogi Bear re-runs, but not sure how this will compare. Thoughts?

doodlebopfan

Asked by doodlebopfan at 3:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I just saw it with my husband this past week. It's PG, and I honestly think it had some dialogue/a little bit of violence (cartoon-ish in nature, but it's live action so it's a little different) that I wouldn't want a child that young to see. The youngest we saw in our theater looked like they were about 7-8, and I don't think they "got" a lot of what was going on. Lots of humor that only the adults seemed to get.
    JessiFaye

Answer by JessiFaye at 4:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• We took our 3 ,4 and 6 year old. We had a great time and I lean more towards the conservative side. It is much like the cartoon of old where a lot of their mischievousness winds them in accidents but I would not say that it lean towards violence. There is a bit of a love story that goes a long with it that just leans towards the cheesy side. No making out or inappropriateness. Maybe the adult humor went over my head but my kids loved it and my husband and I enjoyed all the giggles.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Thanks, ladies! I asked this in Entertainment as well because I didn't know how many moms of 3-4 y/o's ALREADY had taken their little ones. He does watch the Yogi Bear cartoons on Boomerang, so if it's close to those sort of shenanigans, I can live with it. :)

Here's some responses from the other side (Entertainment) along with a great website to check out a movie's appropriateness for children.

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/692249/Yogi_Bear_Movie_for_a_3_4_y_o_Yes_No_Seen_it_Like_it

http://www.kids-in-mind.com/y/yogibear.htm

doodlebopfan

Comment by doodlebopfan (original poster) at 5:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• If you don't want him re inacting what he watches those guys do, I'd advice taking him to something a little more child proof.
    WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 3:45 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Why don't you just wait til it's on video & rent it instead of "wasting" $40?? I never go to the theatre, it's ridiculously expensive.
    luvr4ula

Answer by luvr4ula at 1:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2011