When do you stop trying to get him to say "will u marry me"

i gave up 3yrs into our relationship than i got a engagment ring for my birthday a year later and i dont want to be married anymore :)

premiemom18

Asked by premiemom18 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• We were engaged for a long time. We kept becoming ready to finally get hitched at different times. Finally it came together, the stars aligned, and we were both ready and set a date for less than a year later. Just give it time, you'll probably be ready again soon.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 7:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• He'll say it when he is ready to marry you. No point trying to force him to say it
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 3:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My husband said it on his own, no coercion needed. I wouldn't want him to ask me because I made a big deal about it, but because he wanted to be married to me.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• If he wants to ask you to marry him, he will. But what I don't understand is why it's so wrong for a woman to say it? I didn't really even ask, I just told him why we should get married (legal & medical reasons where why we married) and told him we should do it. So we did. There was no proposal from either of us, just a discussion & decisions.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:05 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• You should never try to get him to say it.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• If you want to be married then you should go ahead and bring it up. I see from your post though that he has proposed and you don't want to be married anymore.

Answer by Bmat at 3:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• No one can push a man to ask, nor should you want to push him...He will ask when he is mentally ready..Pushing him could lead you into a situation that you dont what...You know that saying "the grass aint always greener on the other side"
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 4:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I never understood why anyone would wait for a man to ask. If you want it, YOU ask. Sorry but that's just my opinion

Answer by admckenzie at 4:35 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I would not push him to marry me if he is not ready. If you are waiting a long time and getting tired I would ask him what he thinks about being married. If he tells you that it is something that he is not ready for or that he doesn't want then I would have to make a decision if I still want to be in the relationship with him knowing that I want to be married.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Why not ask him? Maybe he wants to but is afraid you will say no. I proposed to my husband and he was more than happy to say yes. It is a great memory.
    sdj1953

Answer by sdj1953 at 6:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2011